Sunnynook River Park, Central, 4th Council District
Lost and Re-found: Native Plants of the LA River
Discover native plants that once lined the shores of the LA River and the nonindigenous flora that now outnumber them. Reimagine new, more vibrant native vegetation for our waterways. With Flora Ito, nursery sales manager for the Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers and Native Plants, and presented in collaboration with CURRENT artist Kerry Tribe.
3306 Riverside Drive, LA 90027
Note to drivers:
- Sunnynook River Park shares the parking lot for the CURRENT:LA HUB at the address above.
- Drivers and their passengers should plan for a 15 to 20-minute walk to Sunnynook River Park.
Walking directions from the HUB parking lot to Sunnynook River Park:
- Head north on Riverside Dr toward Los Feliz Blvd;
- Use the lighted crosswalk at Los Feliz Blvd to cross Riverside Dr;
- Keep walking toward the tennis courts, visible up ahead;
- Walk in between the tennis courts and turn right once you pass the courts;
- The pedestrian bridge to Sunnynook will be on your left side, at the soccer field;
- Take the pedestrian bridge and follow signs to the Exquisite Corpse.
This site has easy bike access.
Note to bicyclists:
Sunnynook River Park is located along the section of the LA River Bike Path that runs between the neighborhoods Los Feliz and Atwater Village.
Los Angeles River Bike Path, Los Angeles, CA 90039
Neighborhood: Atwater Village