|07/30 - 07/31||UnderLA|
North, 3rd Council District
Origin of the LA River
Refik Anadol & Peggy Weil
See the Art:
July 16 , July 17, August 13 August 14, 2016
Sat + Sun, 8:30–11:00 pm
6883 Owensmouth Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 91303
Neighborhood: Canoga Park
Owensmouth Ave & Bassett St, Canoga Park 91303
Notes for Drivers:
- The UnderLA performance/projection is viewable from where Owensmouth Ave crosses over the LA River (approximately 500 feet north of Vanowen St and just south of Bassett St): here is the exact location for navigation.
- The best location to view the art is Owensmouth Ave, from the sidewalk on the north side of the street.
- There are several areas where street parking is permitted in proximity to UnderLA (please take note of parking signs and heed any restrictions).
Street Parking Locations:
- Bassett St, between Owensmouth Ave and Canoga Ave (on both sides of Bassett St).
- Owensmouth Ave, north of Bassett St (only on the east side of Owensmouth).
- Vanowen St, east and west of Owensmouth Ave (only on the north side of Vanowen St).
The Origin of the LA River has easy bike access.
Note for Bicyclists:
Use the Headwaters exit from the LA River Bike Path."
The artists would like to acknowledge and thank Michael Land, Hydrologist, California Water Science Center, USGS; Daniel J. Ponti, Research Geologist, Earthquake Science Center, USGS and Ted Johnson, Chief Hydrogeologist, Water Replenishment District of Southern California, for working with them over the course of a year and providing data and images for UnderLA. Toby Heinemann provided Production Assistance. Projection Services provided by VER, Video Equipment Rentals.