|07/16 - 08/14||Field Offices|
|07/17||Mel in the Field to Field Questions|
|08/06 - 08/13||FUENTES / This Nature of Ours|
|08/13||TAKE ME TO THE RIVER: a Celebration of Mel Chin’s The TIE that BINDS|
East, 1st Council District
2780 W. Casitas Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90039
Neighborhood: Glassell Park
2780 West Casitas Avenue, Glassell Park 90039
Notes for Drivers:
- Be sure to include “WEST” when entering the address for navigation/directions.
Directions to Parking Lot:
- While headed south on Casitas Ave, you will drive under the 2 Freeway and then pass an “Extra Storage Space” on your right.
- There will be a cul-de-sac at the end of Casitas Ave, and a driveway at the back of the cul-de-sac.
- Enter the driveway and make your first right into the parking lot at the end of the driveway.
- Park your car and then follow signs to walk to Mel Chin’s Field Office.
The Bowtie has easy bike access.
Note for Bicyclists:
Use the Fletcher St exit from the LA River Bike Path.
The TIE that BINDS is realized in partnership with the California State Parks and Clockshop. The landscape concept and garden designs are a collaboration between the artist Mel Chin, landscape architects Calvin Abe and Glen Dake, with advice from Lili Singer of the Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers and Native Plants. Garden installations and additional support provided by Pierre Landscape with plants generously supported by Village Nursery. Additional partners include designer Tom Kracauer, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, USC Roski School of Art and Design and Otis College of Art and Design.